Are you interested in giving back or getting involved in the community?
Consider joining LEAD, our flagship civic leadership and community engagement program, which we have revamped to meet the community’s evolving needs and inspire the next generation of committed residents.
Join us to:
- Learn about the needs of our community and agencies responding to those needs;
- Meet local organizations and leaders that drive our community;
- Participate in local volunteerism, civic engagement, philanthropy; and
- Identify your personal path to making an impact
Since 1995, many of the 450+ LEAD graduates have run for and/or been on city councils, school boards, commissions, or assumed nonprofit leadership roles.
Community Leadership and Learning Manager
- Sessions will run on Wednesday evenings from March through May, with a half-day Saturday kickoff workshop on the morning of February 25, 2023
- Topics will include local government operations, advocacy, community building, civic engagement options, inclusive leadership, and civil discourse
- Presenters and speakers will be predominantly from organizations based in Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, and Mountain View
- Participants will work on an experiential project together
- Class size is limited to 25 to enable strong interaction and fellowship
- Cost to participate is $500 (sliding scale as needed)
- Please note: We’ve designed this program for participants to attend each session in person. We also recognize that life happens, and you might miss a class. You’ll have contact information for your classmates so you can catch up; we will not record classes.
2023 LEAD Schedule (all meetings are Wed. 7-9 PM except for the Program Kickoff)
- Sat. Feb. 25 (10 AM to 2 PM): Program Kickoff
- Wed. March 1: Amplifying Your Voice as an Advocate
- Wed. March 15: Creating Pathways to Quality Healthcare
- Wed. March 22: Building Inclusive Educational Systems
- Wed. March 29: Embracing Evolving Expectations in Government
- Wed. April 26: Nurturing a Business-Friendly Climate
- Wed. May 10: Connecting 21st-Century Communities
- Wed. May 17: Engaging in Your City
- Wed. May 24: Program Close
Have additional questions?
Contact our Community Leadership and Learning Manager, IdaRose Sylvester, at LEAD@lamvcf.org