Simplify your giving by opening a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) with LAMVCF
Many individuals, families, and organizations use DAFs as an easy way to organize all their giving through one expertly-managed and cost-effective giving vehicle while taking advantage of LAMVCF’s services and expertise. DAFs are simpler and less expensive to set up and operate than a family foundation.
LAMVCF Donor Advised Funds offer the following benefits:
- Your gift qualifies for an immediate tax deduction when you establish the fund and when you contribute additional gifts to it.
- DAFs are also an excellent way to create a family philanthropic legacy by naming your children or other family members as successor advisers and getting them involved in your grantmaking decisions.
Giving through your LAMVCF Donor Advised Fund is easy.
- If you want to grant locally, LAMVCF offers personal service and knowledge of local nonprofits and their needs. You may also advise a grant to one of LAMVCF’s programs and emerging nonprofits we help incubate. Our personalized service is unique – no other DAF custodian can provide our level of local knowledge. You may advise a donation through our online portal or work directly with LAMVCF staff.
- We can also work with you if you desire to recommend a grant to nonprofit organizations based elsewhere in the region, the United States, or even to nongovernmental organizations worldwide.
- You can recommend a grant from your DAF at any time over multiple years. Unlike private foundations, DAFs do not require minimum annual distributions.
Opening a Donor Advised Fund is simple.
- Fill out the LAMVCF DAF agreement (please contact LAMVCF if you have questions or would like assistance in doing this).
- Submit the completed form and your initial tax-deductible gift (check, stock donation, or other assets). The minimum initial gift is $5,000. There is no maximum to establish a fund, and you can add to the fund at any time in the future.
- Choose your fund’s investment option (Cash or LAMVCF Long-Term Growth Fund, managed by an independent investment manager).
- Start giving from your fund!
Donate to LAMVCF from your Donor Advised Fund
If you already have a DAF at another institution but would like to donate to LAMV-CF, you can contact us and recommend a grant from your fund to LAMV-CF’s unrestricted fund or one of our programs. Suppose your DAF is based at another institution (e.g., another community foundation or a financial services company such as Schwab or Fidelity). In that case, you can use the link below to connect to your account.
Give now from your donor advised fund
The IRS recognizes Los Altos Mountain View Community Foundation as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization bearing Federal Tax ID 77-0273721. All gifts are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. No goods or services were given in consideration for this contribution unless expressly noted. Los Altos Mountain View Community Foundation has exclusive legal control over assets donated to advised funds.