Los Altos Mountain View Community Foundation’s Fall 2023 Grant Application FAQ.
Focus: General Operating Support
Deadline Tuesday, October 11 at midnight
Frequently Asked Questions
Our organization received a grant from the Foundation in spring 2023; are we eligible to apply?
Yes, if you received a grant for youth/young adult mental health focus in spring 2023 and your organization qualifies for the current cycle, you may apply. Please note the following:
- We have $120,000 set aside for our fall grant round, which includes $50,000 set aside for general operating support grants to several local legacy grantees; and
- There is no pre-determined minimum or maximum grant award, although our awards generally range between $1,000 and $5,000.
What is the schedule for this grant round?
- Monday, August 21: Application open
- Tuesday, September 12, 10 AM: Online Q&A/Technical assistance (click to register)
- Tuesday, October 11: Applications due
- Week of December 18: Awards and declinations announced
When is the next grant round?
We will open a round with a specific focus, not yet determined, in February 2024. We anticipate releasing information for that round in December 2023.
I would like to be on your email list to be notified of future grant opportunities and other information. How do I sign up?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will add you to the list. We do not share this list with anyone outside the Foundation.
Our organization has a regional/Bay Area focus; are we eligible?
The Foundation Community Grants committee prioritizes funding for organizations serving residents in Los Altos, Mountain View, and/or Los Altos Hills. We also recognize that many issues, particularly related to mental health services, are regional ones that may require resources, volunteers, and coordination from neighboring cities. Please indicate how you would gather information about the location of those you will serve with the grant funding.
I have questions not answered in this FAQ.
We invite you to attend our online Q&A session on Tuesday, September 12, at 10:00 AM Pacific Time.
It’s a great opportunity to:
- Meet Foundation program staff
- Be in community with other local nonprofits
- Ask questions about the grant application process.