Los Altos Mountain View Community Foundation’s Spring 2023 Grant Application is Now Open.
Focus: Mental Health Needs of Youth and Young Adults
Deadline Monday, April 3 at midnight
In our ongoing process of learning about issues and needs locally and aligning financial resources to address them, we welcome applications from organizations serving the mental health needs of youth and young adults in our community.
In the past several years, even before the social isolation during the pandemic, there has been a dramatic increase in the need for mental health services and support for our youth and young adults.
Our local newspapers have written extensively about these needs, including:
- Lack of access for kids in crisis (Mountain View Voice);
- Teen health emergency (Los Altos Town Crier)
- Normalizing mental health services (Los Altos Talon)
- Candidate interviews related to student mental health and wellness (Midpeninsula Post)
It is clear that addressing these needs is an ongoing priority for our community, most recently reinforced by the CDC’s Youth Risk Behavior Report, which provides “an important snapshot of adolescent health and well-being related to sexual behavior, substance use, experiences of violence, mental health, and suicidal thoughts and behaviors.”
We have $100,000 available for this round. There is no pre-determined minimum or maximum grant award, although our awards generally range between $1,000 and $5,000.
- Feb 22 Application open
- March 7, 10AM: Online Q&A/Technical assistance (click to register)
- April 3: Applications due
- June 1: Awards and declinations