How You Can Help the Libya Flood Victims
The recent floods in Libya have caused widespread devastation, leaving thousands of people dead, injured, and displaced. In the wake of this disaster, you can help in many ways.
Here are a few of the top-rated nonprofits that are providing relief to the flood victims(thanks to Silicon Valley Community Foundation for help with the links):
- International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian organization that provides medical care and other essential services to people affected by conflict, disaster, and disease. They are currently on the ground in Libya providing emergency medical care, water purification, and other relief supplies.
- UNICEF is working to provide essential supplies to children in Libya, including food, water, shelter, and hygiene kits. They are also working to support child protection services and education programs.
- International Rescue Committee Inc. (IRC) is supporting thousands of families in Libya by providing critical emergency services for those looking for shelter and safety.
- Islamic Relief USA launched an emergency response on Sept. 12 and is working with local partners in Libya to provide emergency relief, including food and essential non-food items.
- United States Association for UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is providing core relief items, including family tents, mattresses, blankets, drinkable water, kitchen sets, solar lanterns, plastic sheets, and clothes.
No matter how you choose to help, your donation will make a difference to the people of Libya who are struggling to cope with this disaster.
Thank you for your compassion and generosity. Together, we can help the people of Libya rebuild their lives.